DeviantSerenity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DeviantSerenity

Forums for DeviantSerenity linkshell members on the Phoenix server.

HomeLatest imagesBlogSearchRegisterLog in

Gameplay - Read this.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DeviantAdmin
SE's Lovechild

Gameplay - Read this. Empty
PostSubject: Gameplay - Read this.   Gameplay - Read this. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:37 am

I have noticed there are a lot of repeating questions, thing we must do over and over again, because each and everyone of us needs to unlock it, etc.

Some need help, A lot of them dont, So I decided to take charge and do up a post to help guide all players on there quests and journeys, and ger a better understanding game wise.

First Section will be a little useless for most of our members.

I will go in a time order, from your first day, to end-game what you need.

Pre-Game Play:
If you play on PC, get use to windowed mode, It can be a lifesaver for you, and anyone around you who is on a consol such as 360 or Sony products. To gain windowed mode, Simple go into your FFXI folder (Under Start on windows user) Or use your computers search option for "FFXI Config" You must have FFXI and POL shut down to use FFXI Config, In FFXI Config hit "Enable windower" Something like that, Save changes, and BOOM, there it is. Also you can play around with resolution etc to lower lag, change screen sizes, and many other options.

Use these sites:
Why? Just freaking do it, It will improve you as a gamer. Use this link to get to my old tread to all my guides.
FFXI Links: ]Click Here.

Subjob Quest:
We all start out 01/00, and you need to obtain 3 out of the 6 sub job items, Most of these are obtained in the dunes in exp pt's, If one item drops that you need, ask if you can have it, most people will say sure since its crap to mostly everyone. There are two versions.
Selbina/Valkrum Dunes: Elder Memories
Mhaura/Buburimu Peninsula: The Old Lady

A Note on Subjob items:
Later on in your leveling, you will be forced to move to an area called Aht Urhgan Whitegate, The easiest way to get there, is to recollect all 6 sub job items. You can do this now, or down the road, there very easy drops and it normaly takes players about an hour to gain all six solo.
Quest link here: The Road to Aht Urhgan

Transportation one: Vana'diel Areas.
Three forms of transportation here.
1. Teleports.
2. OP warps.
3. Chocobo.
There are more, but for now we will stick to these.

1. Teleports easy prey, once you gain the gate crystal, your set for life, and to get to that area, most of the time you will need to /shout for a teleport saying " <Tele-Holla> <Can I have it?> <Reward: ?K> Or something like that. Follow this link for the normal teleports, and more. Teleports.

2. OP warps, little harder, to gain a OP your home nation must have control of that area, Use /regionmap Or Menu-> Region Info-> Conquest to find out if your Nation owns a OP. How to gain and use OP's are here. OP Warps.

3. Chocobo, Once you get level 20 you can ride chocobos (yay!) Even start breeding your own. Choco quest, here: Chocobo's Wounds.

Job unlocking:
Okay, your level 30 now. You have more intrest in other "Advanced jobs" or you need them for subs, whatever. All of them you need to do quests for. Now, Id suggest wait till your able to solo them, Level 50+ can do them all, job depending. On rare occasion (very rare) Some people will go out from our ls and unlock a few, but for the most part we dont do this as a group. Best way to do it is eather solo, or find a bud who needs it too. Some of these can be expensive to new players to unlock, or dangerous to do like BLU and COR. If you have intrest in an AJ (Advanced Job) Look it up, see if you can do it first!

PLD: A Squire's Test
DRK: Blade Of Darkness
BST: Save My Son
BRD: Path Of The Bard
RNG: The Fanged One
SAM: Forge Your Destiny
NIN: Ayame and Kaede
DRG: The Holy Crest
SMN: I Can Hear A Rainbow
BLU: An Empty Vessel
COR: Luck Of The Draw
PUP: No Strings Attached
DNC: Lakeside Minuet
SCH: A Little Knowledge

Campaign Battle:
CB's are fights in the past for EXP and AN's (allied notes, like Imperal standing to White gate, and conquest points to normal areas) A lot of jobs that dont fit into pt's come here, or people who are tired of the exp grind come here. Not for low levels, some argue when one can start CBing, but most would say 50-60+ No exp is lost apon death with tags (find out later) but no skill ups are rewarded, at all. To unlock CB, follow this link and compleate mission two, there is also a small quest you can do, to pick what nation you will fight for, can be any nation of your choosing.

WOTG

Sidenote:
The past is very dangerous, in even low areas like East Ron, you can die quickly, bring sneak and invis, and becareful of magic detecting mobs, or items for sneak and invis.

To unlock warping to OP's in the past, all you need to do is walk in that area.

Mostly everything costs AN's, easiest way to get this is CBing.

All you need to know about CB in detail here:

Campaign

Im Stoping here temp, added a lot, need to think about whats next.
Back to top Go down
Kirakuro
Lizard Beater

Gameplay - Read this. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameplay - Read this.   Gameplay - Read this. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 6:33 am

This is an awesome post, and I hope that it will help our newer members to the game and LS out. Besides taking the time and effort to research something impresses others who are at the time doing nothing to help you on your journey.

I'll say it right now, NOT everyone who plays Final Fantasy XI is a gamer, some are casual, others like to chat with people around the world. That being said, most LS members may not have the general understanding of how to do something on their own, or not having the knowledge to understand something as complicated as Final Fantasy XI.

Bottom Line, if u think u can do it, then DO IT, if you already tried to do it and CAN'T feel free to ask for help because I know a lot of people who want's to play a game they can't get the hang of.

Overall Good Post

Linus is OUT!!!
Back to top Go down

Gameplay - Read this.
Page 1 of 1