DeviantSerenity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DeviantSerenity

Forums for DeviantSerenity linkshell members on the Phoenix server.

HomeLatest imagesBlogSearchRegisterLog in

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DeviantAdmin
SE's Lovechild

PostSubject: Avatars 101   Avatars 101 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 7:51 am

This is a work-in-progress guide for anyone intrested in avatars, anyone who has intrest in SMN should take a look at this guide.

After compleation, or even before the SMN flag quest I Can Hear A Rainbow players try to obtain there summoning pets "Avatars" by engaging the Prime Avatars in battle, and defeating them.

1. Obtain your Tuning Fork. Tuning Forks.
2. Prepare your gear.
- Avatars 101 4165 Pot Of Silent Oil(s)
- Avatars 101 4164 Pinch Of Prism Powder(s)
- Avatars 101 4182 Scroll Of Instant Reraise (Optional)
- Any other items you think you would need.
3. Find a group!

Notes on avatars:
- Never fight a avatar on its "Day" example. Shiva on regualar days of the week besides Iceday could be level 63-68. Fighting Shiva ON Iceday could be level 80-85! If you for whatever reason do not know what day of the week In-game it is, use the in-game command /clock.

- Avatar fights are repeatable, and serve more then just one purpose. (Details later)

- Getting to the avatar fight should be the hardest part.

- Avatar fights are un-capped, and buffs will not wear apon entering.

- To fight Leviathan Prime you need to have access to the Den Of Rancor, via a mini-quest know as Paintbrush of Souls. Only one member in your group needs to have this done.

- If you do a skillchain in favor of the Prime Avatar, they will recover HP that matches the damage you do. Example, Induration Is an ice skillchain, if you were to do this on Shiva, she would regain HP.
Player(Name): uses Freezebite on Shiva Prime.
Skillchain Induration, Shiva Prime recovers 1000 HP.

- Avatar fights are rewarding to repeat, you can re-do each and every avatar once a day. Once you defeat a Prime avatar, you gain the "Whisper of (Element, wind, water, etc); Temp Key Item" Return to the Taru who gave you your "Tuning fork" You will encounter a small cutscene where you choose your reward, your rewards include (Normaly):
A pact with an avatar (ablity to summon the avatar you defeated)
Gil (10k)
Two to three weapons, or items related to the Prime avatar you defeated.
A item used in the Quest Mama Mia to obtain your Avatars 101 14625 Evoker's Ring

(As you can see here, you see why people fight them everyday!)

(Ill keep adding onto this guide as time goes on)
Back to top Go down
DeviantAdmin
SE's Lovechild

PostSubject: Re: Avatars 101   Avatars 101 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:05 am

I will be doing runs on every avatar at random times, RDM/NIN can easily solo the fights if not fighting on the avatars day of choice. (Shiva on Iceday) But right now, my NIN is at 20, and with no Gils for NI anyways Crying or Very sad So on days that im not in Sky or Dynamis, you might see me say something like.
***Taking Names For Avy Runs***
/tell me please first 5 gets spot.

At that time, the first 5 people who /tell me get a space, regardless of there level or job.

CONDITIONS:
- Have all your forks before we go.
- Be able to sneak and invis yourself.
- Keep up with the group, and do not get lost.
- Don't go afk constantly for random times, understand when you go afk, five people are waiting there time on you!
- If you do go afk, SAY your going afk, so we know.
- If you DO get lost SAY you got lost so we can fix it quickly.
- If you agro, and you know your going to die, Get in a place where we can get you out safly.
- Anyone who is taking a job below level 50, understand when the Prime Avatar 2hrs, if you are anywhere near it, you will die, no matter how much buffs you have, you will die on the spot.

Avatar fights can be fun, but only if you look out for yourself, and keep in mind you are in danger if you goof off. Strict guidlines must be in place for the whole group to enjoy themselfs.

You might be thinking, well sneak oils and invis powder are expensive, why cant a mage sneak and invis me instead?
Reason: Most of the time its the mage who has the crapier defence get agroed trying to look after a flock of people, no one moves because there waiting for everyone, and buffs keep dying, and we waist time. Time = money, and we all sit around and lose money and time, which leads to people geting angry and rash at each other, which end up to drama. Again, sneak and invis yourself. Mages should ALSO have powders and oils due to Detects Spellcasting mobs.

(If I think of anything else, ill edit)
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DeviantSerenity :: Linkshell Events :: Avatars.-
Jump to: